If you have a dairy intolerance and find that cows milk is just not an option for you it is really simple to make your own Almond milk.
Give this a try and remember this beautiful creamy cows milk alternative can then be used for other recipes that would otherwise use milk. What about an almond milk Panna Cotta! Now that sounds nice! What about Rice puddings, Tapioca puddings, Creme Brulee or just enjoy on your muesli.
This is my Almond Milk Bavaroise with seasonal fresh fruit.
- 1 cup of blanched, slivered or chopped almonds
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- Place the almonds in a blender with some of the water and blend (3 –5 minutes).
- Add the rest of the water, vanilla and continue to blend until smooth
- Line a strainer with cheesecloth or muslin and allow the mixture to strain through, squeezing out excess moisture.The liquid can also be used in other recipes as mentioned above.
I have also heard that the pulp that remains in the muslin can be used as a face scrub but I would be more inclined to use this in cakes and muffins.
Let me know how you go, or if you would like to share other ideas.Leave a reply →