I found these great ways to use your old Yoga Mats on the EMP Website, not only to they supply great Yoga props but they share some great ideas too.
So while I was making an order for more supplies it made me think that this is great information to share with my Yoga friends.
- Donate to homeless shelters as sleeping pads.
- Use as a seat liner for the back seat in the car while taking your dog to the vet or groomer.
- Place under an area rug for no-slip gripping.
- Drop off your old mat at an animal rescue group. Most of these places need soft, durable mats, rugs, towels, & blankets to line crates.
- Use an old mat in the garage or shop to keep from slipping on the workbench while using power tools on them.
- Line kitchen shelves to prevent glasses from slipping and scratching.
- Cut the mat into squares and use them as “bases” while playing baseball with the kids. Easy to carry and easy to clean!
- Use to kneel on in the garden to protect your knees!
- Use as kitchen drawer liners.
- Cut it up to make a mouse pad.
- Use it on the beach instead of a towel.
- Use as grip pads to open jars.
- Cut to size and use as foot pads for the bottom of furniture that is on a wood or ceramic floor. Glue on pieces with a non-toxic adhesive.
- Place it under your sleeping bag as a sleeping pad while camping.
- Make covers for sharp corners like in a parking garage or school.
- No more messy packing peanuts! Old yoga mats get a new life as a protector of valuables while moving or shipping.
- Make children’s toys: cut holes and create masks, hats, costumes and props; cut into shapes and letters for tub and pool toys.
- Cut and put down in front of the kitty litter box to stop the litter.
- Plug up drafty places, windows, doors, & under window air conditioners, and save energy!
- Great for those hard bleachers when watching sporting events.
- Makes a great liner under house plants, you can even cut it to fit each plant!
- Donate to nursing homes so that residents do not slip while getting in and out of bed.
- Place between your surfboard & car to protect both from abrasion.
- Lay it over the dashboard and steering wheel to keep the sun out!
- Keep in the car for those spur of the moment picnics, keeping groceries from sliding around in the trunk, or for a myriad of other uses limited only to your imagination!
Thanks to Jade Yoga Mats for the list of “25 Ways to Reuse Your ‘Old’ Yoga Mat”Leave a reply →